Scrappy the Cat Toy

It's been a long time since I've done anything "crafty." It's been a rough year and although maybe I should have been knitting and crocheting for therapy, I wasn't. Well, I finally feel ready to start again and I decided to ease myself in with something simple and low pressure. Enter: Scrappy the Cat Toy.

I made this pattern up years and years ago as a way to use up scraps of yarn. For some reason all of the cats who I have ever gifted it with have gone nuts for it, which is nice since it's so stupid easy to make.

Make:

I used a little bit of leftover Sugar and Cream 100% cotton yarn, but you can really use any leftover yarn you have leftover and any size hook depending on how loose/floppy you want it to be. 


1. Make a loop (duh).


2. Chain 5 and slip stitch into the first chain to create a circle.


3. Chain 10...


4. And slip stitch into the center of your original circle.


5. Continue in this fashion (making loops and slip stitching them into the center), pushing them together periodically to make room for as many loops as you can fit.


6. When you've filled up the center with as many loops as you can fit, chain 10 (or 12 or 15 or however many you want) for the tail.


7. Cut the yarn, pull through your last loop (I pull it through twice) to finish, and you're done! Find a cat, throw it at them, and see what happens.


Comments